Monday 23 May 2011

How many miles???

I've just been reviewing my training schedule for the rest of the year, looking at what I've already run, and what the plan shows me doing, and added up the final column...which shows total miles per week.  

For 2011, my schedule has me running, including training and races: 1,316 miles!

Bloody hell, that seems like an incredibly long way! Had a look on a map and it's like running from London to Rome!

But we shall see what happens. So far, I'm only at 351 miles so would have 965 miles left to run in just over 7 months so not sure how realistic that is, but then I did say I wanted to work harder for the rest of this year.

Whether I achieve what my plan anticipates, or not, it is quite astonishing to me that I am even contemplating running this sort of distance. When I think that in my early 20s, I was so incredibly overweight, unfit and unhealthy, I'm so happy to be reaching the end of my 20s as an entirely different person :)

No comments:

Post a Comment