Monday 23 July 2012

Ultra marathoner? That's me! :)

I actually did it! Yesterday, despite the 25oC heat and blazing sunshine, I ran 52.4 miles around the beautiful Kent countryside and I am absolutely over the moon to have joined the ranks of those crazy enough to run ultra marathons!

I'm going to write a full report about the event, but for now, I can tell you that I finished in 10 hours 41 minutes, it was the most painful thing I have ever done, but I had the most brilliant day.  Today, I am aching more than I thought possible, but I am incredibly happy and all the pain is definitely worth it!


5 comments:

  1. ...I am so pleased for you Naomi, I know you have done so much preparation for this and you deserve every congratulation. You have now joined a very elite number of people and you will be amazed to hear that only 0.0000001% of Britons will have done what you have done.
    Now please rest up for at least 2 weeks, don't even think about running, your body needs to repair and replenish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much Jerry, I really appreciate your comments, and your support over the last few months! I promise I will now rest...hope we get to meet at a race soon!

      Delete
  2. Massive congrats!!! Hopre you're having a well-deserved rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, what a great distance !

    ReplyDelete