Sunday 31 March 2013

Enigma Good Friday marathon

On Friday I ran the Enigma Good Friday marathon, around Caldicott lake in Milton Keynes. It was the perfect end to what's been a fantastic week for my running, where I truly rediscovered my mojo, and remembered why I love it so much!



There were a lot of people running the Good Friday marathon, or just there by the lake, as it was Kaz Hurrell's 100th marathon and everyone wanted to support her and cheer her on. It made it a brilliant day, and I was able to catch up with lots of running friends, including seeing Liz running with her adorable new husky Lara for the first time! To see the inspirational Kaz finish and be inducted into the 100 Marathon Club was an absolute privilege and I'm so glad I was there.

The laps around the lake were hard as ever, and it alternated between freezing cold, bright sunshine and snow! But everyone being there, the inimitable support of Karen and Foxy, and knowing we were having beer and cake in the pub after we finished, helped pull me round ;)








2 comments:

  1. Wow, 100! How far are you off from reaching that milestone? Probably not much?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, sorry for the delay in replying! I'm so far off that milestone...miles and miles! Nearly at 25 marathons though, and by the end of the year will hopefully be pushing 40 :)

      Delete