Tuesday 13 October 2009

First week's training has gone well!

Back from a run this evening and really pleased with how it went, and how well other runs have gone - still think I'm going to be able to do this marathon thing :P

My training schedule is quite cautious - I don't want to do too much too soon, and and only did just over 2 miles today, but I'm very pleased with how I felt during the run and how my body seems to remember how to breath properly during exercise. My muscles weren't aching, I wasn't particularly out of breath, didn't have to stop or walk at all, and, which I think is most important, felt really positive about myself, and genuinely happy :D

Of course the endorphins affect me, and I always feel on a bit of a high after a run, but it's more than that - I'm pleased to be finally doing something to improve my fitness, after so long talking about it and doing nothing, and proud of myself for setting such a high target again i.e the marathon.

It's going to be a long hard slog to get fully fit again, but I think it's going to be very rewarding too!

No comments:

Post a Comment