Tuesday 4 January 2011

Back to proper training

Well we're four days into the new year, and I'm back on the wagon and in the right frame of mind for training, as well as back to work for the first time since 23rd December.

I'll admit the alarm going off at 5.30am this morning was a bit of a shock to the system, and getting out of bed was a mammoth effort...and going out in the cold and dark for my run wasn't that much fun....but I am pleased  to have completed my second run of the year, albeit not as quickly as I would have run before Christmas...and feel that the cobwebs have been blown away.  I have stiffened up a lot over the last couple of weeks though, and this morning I could barely touch my toes!

We recently got a yoga programme for our Wii and I think that it might be worth giving it ago - I've always been pretty sceptical about doing yoga or pilates, but think that if I'm really going to change my body shape (be able to touch the floor with the palms of my hands and protect myself from injury) it's worth giving it a try and think when I get home I'm going to do just that - before you know it, I'll be able to get my feet behind my head too! ;)

Anyhoo, after four weeks of carb, fat, sugar and alcohol overload, I'm looking forward to drinking lots of water today, having a salad for lunch, yoga this evening and running again tomorrow.  Just over 100 days until the marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment