Saturday 4 June 2011

How quickly things change

So, after an awesome training session on Friday, I expected my next run to be a pretty decent one and was really looking forward to it, and to see what I could achieve.  But, oh, how quickly things change!  I got up early to try and get an 8-10 miler in without getting in the way of the rest of the day, and managed to get out of the door on time...but then it started going horribly wrong :(

I just felt awful.  No specific injury pain, no real justification, but I just knew that this was not my day to run. I'm a bit ashamed to say that I turned round and headed home - I did run back home but in total I think I probably only went about a mile.  Useless.

I've cut runs short before but never given up even before I've warmed up...I feel like it was an absolute failure and don't quite understand what was going on in my head to make me just go home.

I suppose just have to put it down to experience, and hope that the next run is more successful :(

No comments:

Post a Comment