Wednesday 13 July 2011

Running away from the day!

I've had a pretty poor day today...I'm absolutely overwhelmed with the amount of work I've got on at the moment, and generally feeling very stressed about getting it all done.  It's mainly down to a number of different projects all having their completion date this weekend and not being quite in the right place to meet the deadline!

Anyway, I'm feeling a bit crap about it all.

But it's amazing how much I'm looking forward to going out for my run tonight, because I know that it will make me feel much better.  Running will remind me that my job is not my life, and it will give me some headspace...a bit of time where I really will not think about work.  I'll either just concentrate on the run itself (although that usually only happens on speedwork days!), or immerse myself in the audio book or music I'm listening to.  Then, when I get back, I know that my general mood will have improved, and I will feel a little more prepared for going back to work tomorrow.  What a cheap, easy and generally very good for you way of getting a bit of therapy :)

Anyway, that's the plan, how I think it's going to work out....fingers crossed it actually does!

No comments:

Post a Comment