Monday 3 October 2011

I'm going to the Olympics

Back in July, I had an interview to become a Games Maker for the 2012 London Olympic Games, and was very excited about the prospect of being accepted.  I'm really pleased to announce that I've been offered a volunteer role in the Event Services Mobility team! Of course, I've accepted the offer, and so now I know that I will be part of the Olympic Games next year - woohoo!

Quote from Seb Coe, LOCOG chair: 'London 2012 is relying on brilliant Games Makers to help us deliver a great Olympic and Paralympic Games.'


I'm over the moon to be involved in such an amazing, once in a lifetime event, and am now looking forward to going along to the training sessions, getting my uniform, and finding out the specific details about what I'll actually be doing.  I do know that I'll be working at the Olympic Park in Stratford, just got my fingers crossed that I'll actually get a chance to spend some time inside one of the venues!

1 comment:

  1. Well done Naomi, I got offered to be an Anti-Doping Officer at a Test Event at the North Greenwich Arena a.k.a O2 but await an offer for the full Olympics.

    ReplyDelete