Tuesday 11 September 2012

My 12 week plan

I took a minute this morning to review my race plans between now and the end of the year. I seem to have got a bit over-enthusiastic about filling in race entry forms and over the next 12 weeks, I've managed to get myself signed up for quite a few more races than is maybe sensible! ;)

Looking at the list has made me a bit nervous, but hey ho...this is what I'm doing:-

Currently taking part in the 5x50 challenge. Running at least 5km (or doing equivalent exercise) every day for 50 days. Today is day 4 of my run streak.
16th September - Ingatestone 5 miler. I've never done a 5 mile race before, but decided I needed to do something to remind me what it's like to run fast! It's very close to where I live, and I'm interested to see what I'll manage.
21st September - The Toad Challenge. 90 miles over three days. Voyage into the unknown. A bit terrified! Just trying to complete the distance.
21st October - The Stort 30 miler. Going to take this easy but would love to get a PB and run about 4:45. No time pressure though - this is going to fun :)
4th November - Billericay 10km. I haven't run a 10km since November last year!! Want to get about 52 minutes at this, my home town race.
18th November - Luton Marathon. After the Kent marathon a couple of weeks ago, I need to perform much better at Luton. I want to be back in sub4hr shape, ideally more like 3:55 & will be very disappointed if I don't have a good race.
1st December - Saxon Shore Marathon - this is going to be a much more relaxed affair and I'm even planning (shock horror!) to run without my Garmin.

So, this is my 12 week plan.  Compared to some amazing runners I know who are running marathons quite literally every weekend (yes Heather, this means you!) I know this must seem like a pretty relaxed race schedule, but for me it's a bit crazy, especially with the mix of distances and paces.

I'm not sure how I'm going to get on, or whether I'll meet all my targets, but there's no doubt that all this running is going to be good training for the 10in10...just need to try and make sure I don't get injured along the way!

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't call that a relaxed race schedule ! I find it hard enough following my much lesser schedule !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, no, it's terrifying more like! I just spend too much time talking to 100 Club members and ultra runners, which I think warps my perception a bit!

      Delete
  2. Yup, not relaxed at all. In fact, I think you're a bit mad... and I respect you all the more for it! You go and get 'em and get 'em done!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5x50 sounds awesome! Although slightly exhausting! I might give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete