Friday 4 May 2012

So many marathons...all the way around Britain!

My training is generally going well and I'm feeling pretty good about it, including prep for next weekend's marathon - I'll not be tapering as such as I'm still trying to build my fitness, and the race is just part of my training and an event where I'll be using the run/walk method to try and get used to it, as that's what I'm going to have to do for my ultra.  This is also the plan with the other marathon I've got booked in June, and with the 30 miler in July.

However...I've signed up for another imminent marathon, although this one is a bit more exciting than the others I've got scheduled, and it's one that I need to finish in 4 hours.

I'm going to be running a leg in the Marathon Relay of Great Britain, on 21st May, from Cheltenham to Dagenham.  I'm very, very excited! :D  The relay started today and you can follow the team's progress online: http://www.relaygb.org/

in aid of Brain Tumour UKMarathon Relay Great Britain Logo
         






Welcome to the Marathon Relay of Great Britain

This is a unique challenge that will aim to run a relay of marathons around Great Britain in May 2012. Not only will there be the physical challenge to runners of all abilities but the event will also raise funds and awareness for brain tumour research. It is surprising how many of us have been touched by this disease either directly or through someone we know.
This is a challenge but not a race. Therefore, runners will be running on their own or in small groups, at night or during the heat of the day. All the while, the runner will be notching up the miles that will try to break the current world record for distance relay running which currently stands at 1,923 miles set by the ‘Gillette Phenomenal Tour’ in Romania in 2009 over the course of 13 days.
You can now donate using your phone! Simply text 'BTUK12' followed by '£' and the amount you wish to donate to 70070. Thank you for your generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment