Saturday 2 June 2012

Leaving the beaten track

Juneathon - day 2

Hurray, it's the weekend!! :) Had a pretty chilled day, and was determined to be more cheerful than I was yesterday. To that end, after doing a few chores around the house, I headed out for a run.  I fully expected it to be raining by the time I made it out, but the weather was kind to me and despite it being a bit chilly, it was as lovely as always to be out in the countryside, and I'm very pleased to report that my leg held up, albeit with a few twinges.

I did something today that I never do on my runs - I was following a route that I run all the time, but spotted a footpath sign leading to a grassy track off the road through a kissing gate, and rather than just ignoring it like I usually do, I left the road, and headed off down the footpath.  I was rewarded with a run through woodland, and then into some open park land which was all beautiful.  I ended up running 10.3 miles, and really enjoyed it.  I'll definitely head back into the park again, and try to leave the beaten track a bit more often!

4 comments:

  1. Your run sounds lovely. Hope todays run was dry for you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) It certainly wasn't dry today, but enjoyed it nonetheless! Thanks for the follow on Twitter too x

      Delete
  2. Brilliant, I wish more people did what you have done as there are some lovely woods and views where I live, you just have to find them. The joy is when you have found a few woodland routes and you are able to join them together t make on BIG wood land route. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jerry :) I'll need to be a bit braver than I am at the moment to just run around the woods - I get lost so easily! Like the reassurance of the roads ;)

      Delete