Tuesday 16 July 2013

Why it's worth getting up early

I am incredibly bad at getting up in the morning. It's probably because I tend to go to bed so late, so I'm always so tired, but it's also because I love the warmth and cosiness of my duvet!! However, last night was pretty hot, and this morning I found myself awake before the alarm, with the covers kicked off.....

So, what to do?! I decided to get up and go for a run. Most unlike me.

It was a really lovely morning, and although it was pleasantly warm, I didn't need to take a drink with me. I headed up to our local woods, and although there were a few dogwalkers it was pretty deserted. Although I didn't run for long (only clocked up 4 miles) I thoroughly enjoyed it, and found myself wondering why I tend to go out at 10pm when it's dark and I can only run on the pavement when actually I could run through the trees every morning in the sunshine! I should be making the most of summer mornings while they last.

Lots of blackberries soon!
I stopped to take a few pictures while I was out though, and realised one of the bad things about daylight running - there were so many mostiquitoes - I got eaten alive!

A great way to start the day though and must make the effort to do it more often.





1 comment: