Monday 6 December 2010

Braving the elements

Come hell or high water (or more likely significant frost and ice!) I'm going for a run tomorrow morning, my first in 7 days.  I can't bear the prospect of another gym session, so I've got my base layer, middle layer, sweatshirt, 2 pairs of tights, ear band, hat and gloves warming in the airing cupboard, and I'm going to brave the elements!  Yes, I know this is probably too many layers, but I'll never make it to the end of the road if I'm too cold when I step outside!

It's likely to be minus 5 degrees...not a good temperature for me...but I'm really starting to feel I have to go for a run!  Not really felt this before, this real frustration at not getting out there through (nearly) enforced circumstance, and am starting to understand how difficult it must be for a regular runner to be out with an injury.  It encourages me that I do feel like this though and actually do miss the run for the enjoyment of the run itself, and not just because it's something I should be doing.

I might not manage the six miles I want, but I'll be up tomorrow at 5.30am (in five and a half hours!) and I will make it out of the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment