Friday 3 December 2010

A running wimp who likes my bed too much

This morning's plan:- Get up at 5.45am.  Get to the gym for 6.30am.  Run on treadmill for 6 miles

What actually happened:- Woke up at 7.45am after snoozing my alarm and then going back to sleep.  Rushed around like a mad thing trying to get ready for work.  Dashed to the station (wading through the snow, and being careful on the ice) to catch a train that wouldn't make me late for work.

With these cold, dark mornings and all the snow, my body is making the decisions for me and keeping me confined to my bed.  But I must be strong, and get up, and do some exercise!  There's still loads of snow where I live, and running on the road would be impossible (for a running wimp like me) - down the street from my house the snow is mid-calf deep and I can only get through it in wellies - but I should at least be hitting the gym.

When I thought the snow would be here for just a few days, I'd planned just to do some cardio and weights as usual in the gym to try and retain a level of fitness, but it now looks like it's going to be here for much longer...so I have to get over my hatred of the treadmill and get running - although getting out of bed on time and actually getting there probably needs to be my first goal!

Well, tomorrow is Saturday, so I don't need to get up early to get to the gym before work - I can go anytime, and so I really can't have any excuses....

No comments:

Post a Comment